Services for Realtors, Landlords, Tenants and Law Firms
Drafting, Review and Negotiation Services
- OFFER TO LEASE / LEASE REVIEW: The Lease is the document that governs the terms and conditions between you and the Landlord and which you and your business will operate under for many years to come. So it needs to reviewed and negotiated carefully to ensure that the terms and conditions make sense and protect your interests throughout the tenancy. We will draft and/or review of the Offer and/or Lease (drafted by the Landlord or Realtor) and facilitate the negotiations including the preparation, negotiation and finalization of the Offer and/or the Lease including any amending agreements related thereto. Reviewing services include review of the offer, review or preparation of the Lease to ensure that the terms of the offer are incorporated, communication with the Landlord on the Tenant's behalf to facilitate changes to the document, communication to the client to advise of any concerns with the Landlord's standard form Lease document, and finalization of the documents in a form that is ready for signature.
- REVIEW OF STANDARD FORM LEASE: Review of the Offer /Lease (prepared by Landlord or Realtor) and provide you with a summary of the areas that you may want to further address or revise. Some areas we focus on are restrictions on renewal rights or financing, insurance, signage, relocation, termination rights, over holding, penalties, audit and transfer restrictions.
- SUBLETTING YOUR PREMISES: If you have too much space or are looking to bring in a sub-tenant, we can review the Lease to ensure the transaction is permitted and draft the appropriate documentation for Landlord's consent if needed.
- OFFER TO LEASE / LEASE DRAFTING: You only have one chance to set the terms and conditions of your tenancy so you will want to make sure you don't make a mistake that could cost you thousands of dollars. We can form an offer to lease and/or lease customized to fit your specific needs. Then we can approach your prospective Landlord to negotiate the terms, keeping you in the loop as we progress.li>Drafts, reviews, amends and administers to commercial, industrial, office and retail offers, leases and ancillary documents including renewals, expansions, relocations, surrenders, terminations, assignments and subleases.
Site Selection and Lease Renewals
- YOUR LEASE RENEWAL: Comprehensive lease term renewal services ensures that your interests are protected and that the playing field is fair. We will ensure you get the best rental rate possible, the right length of extension term, potential for free rent or allowances, and more extension options.
- SITE SELECTION: If you are looking for a new location or relocating your existing business, we have comprehensive site selection services designed to select the best location for you and your needs taking into consideration demographic fit, efficient footprint, appropriate signage, competitive rental rate, adequate parking and appropriate location in your trade area. We will work with you to identify the best one for your needs and prepare you to proceed to the offer stage for the new location.
- If you need to have the key terms of the Lease readily available, we will review and abstract the lease for you to create an easy to understand abstract for you to use throughout the term of your tenancy.
- Sections of the abstract will outline tenant info, rental charges, lease clauses, insurance requirements, default requirements and any other special provisions.
- Being charged too much for additional rent? Confused by the invoice and statements from the Landlord? It is important to have someone on your side who understands how to decipher a Landlord's year end billing statement, knows how to read a commercial lease and is able to narrow in on the important areas where leverage could be created during upcoming lease renewal negotiations. We can review your year end billing and your lease and then communication with the Landlord to determine and if there is any cost savings or money owing to the Tenant and to ensure details of the Lease are being honoured by the Landlord's billing system. All too often, errors could cause miscalculations that may cost a client thousands of dollars a year if it's not caught early.